Ms. Rodriguez is an acknowledged expert in complex energy and related environmental issues, including but not limited to:
- Climate change which incorporates AB 32 implementation, the cap-and-trade program, allocation of auction revenue;
- Corporate and commerce matters in complex state and regional regulatory regimes;
- Energy advocacy including the State’s Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard and efforts on behalf of Firm’s energy clients;
- Representation before nationally influential statewide commissions and boards such as the California Air Resources Board (CARB), California Energy Commission (CEC); and, the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB).
- She understands detailed legislative and regulatory processes as only someone who grew up as a professional in the Capitol can. She began her career in politics serving as an intern working directly with consultants on the Assembly Committee on Elections, Reapportionments and Constitutional Amendments. She then served as a Legislative Assistant in the California Legislature where she managed policy and administrative activities.
Ms. Rodriguez joined the Firm 16 years ago. “Jackson has an impeccable reputation among the Members, and lobbying community and that’s why I came on board when offered the opportunity,” Ms. Rodriguez says. She’s been a registered lobbyist for almost a decade, with many long-term client relationships.
She also plays an integral role in contributing objectives and goals for the firm’s marketing strategy and consulting efforts.
Ms. Rodriguez received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from California State University, Sacramento (while working full-time) and holds a certificate in Business Administration with Marketing from the University of California, Davis.